The International Business minor offers a unique opportunity for students to gain exposure to international business through a combination of coursework, international experience, and language. The minor is open to business students as well as non-business students who complete the necessary business foundation courses and course prerequisites.
- Students eligible to declare the CCB minors need 54 completed credits and a minimum overall GPA of 2.5.
- Fill out the Request for a Minor form and submit it to the Registrar.
- The 7 Foundation and Elective courses must be completed with a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Requirements include foreign language proficiency, an international experience, and 7 foundation and elective courses.
- Financial analyst
- Human resources manager
- International trader
- Managing analyst/consultant
- Marketing analyst
- Marketing manager
- Policy analyst
- Sales manager
Jerry Laakso: international business minor
Jerry '18, who was recruited to play professional hockey, says "Mixing education and sports isn't really possible in Finland. UMassD offered the major and the minor I wanted."
A total of 21 credits (7 courses) are required, including the following:
- 4 Foundation Courses
- 2 Elective Courses in Economics or Political Science (2 courses)
- 1 Elective Course in Business
Requirements include foreign language proficiency, an international experience, and 7 foundation and elective courses. Language requirement may require additional coursework.
- Gain hands-on work experience through Charlton's internship programs
- Consult with faculty and career advisors to identify where you want to go in your career—and how to get there
- Put your knowledge into action with student organizations such as DECA
UMassD's undergraduate experiences include:
Charlton College of Business is proud to have earned the "gold standard" of business school recognition: accreditation by AACSB International.