The International Business minor offers a unique opportunity for students to gain exposure to international business through a combination of coursework, international experience, and language. The minor is open to business students as well as non-business students who complete the necessary business foundation courses and course prerequisites.
- Students eligible to declare the CCB minors need 54 completed credits and a minimum overall GPA of 2.5.
- Fill out the Request for a Minor form and submit it to the Registrar.
- The 7 Foundation and Elective courses must be completed with a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Requirements include foreign language proficiency, an international experience, and 7 foundation and elective courses.
- Financial analyst
- Human resources manager
- International trader
- Managing analyst/consultant
- Marketing analyst
- Marketing manager
- Policy analyst
- Sales manager
A total of 21 credits (7 courses) are required, including the following:
- 4 Foundation Courses
- 2 Elective Courses in Economics or Political Science (2 courses)
- 1 Elective Course in Business
Requirements include foreign language proficiency, an international experience, and 7 foundation and elective courses. Language requirement may require additional coursework.
Course descriptions, schedules and requirements
Jerry '18, who was recruited to play professional hockey, says "Mixing education and sports isn't really possible in Finland. UMassD offered the major and the minor I wanted."
- Gain hands-on work experience through Charlton's internship programs
- Consult with faculty and career advisors to identify where you want to go in your career—and how to get there
- Put your knowledge into action with student organizations such as DECA
- Honors College: take advanced courses, pursue research, and be part of a community of scholars
- Study Abroad: earn academic credits and gain a global perspective on your field
- Undergraduate Research: faculty work with students on cutting-edge research projects
- University Studies: gain the benefit of a broad university education to enhance your knowledge and skills