Quantitative Finance Concentration (STEM program)
The Master of Science in Finance (MSF) with Quantitative Finance concentration is a 10-course, 30-credit degree program. The concentration has mathematical and capital market focus that will appeal to students interested in quantitative financial analysis, risk management, investment management, and financial technology careers.
The Quantitative Finance concentration is STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) designated, offering students on a VISA an extended OPT upon completion of the degree.
- ACT 670 Financial Statement Analysis
- FIN 650 Finance for Decision Making
- FIN 655 Quantitative Methods in Finance
- FIN 670 Investment Analysis
- FIN 672 International Financial Management
- FIN 691 Options, Futures, and other Derivatives
- FIN 698 Financial Institutions Management
Students may choose three electives from the following courses
- FIN 675 Fixed Income Analysis
- FIN 692 Financial Risk Management
- FIN 697 Financial Modeling
- POM 681 Business Analytics and Data Mining
- Other graduate course in mathematics, statistics, computer science, data analytics approved by the program coordinator
- ACT 500 Financial Accounting
- FIN 500 Economic Concepts for Managers
- POM 500 Statistical Analysis
The MSF program prepares you for various career opportunities, including as
- a financial analyst working for commercial banks, brokerage firms, insurance companies, and in government
- a securities, commodities, and financial services sales agent working for brokerage firms, investment banks, and trading companies
- a financial manager or personal financial advisor
Charlton College of Business is proud to have earned the "gold standard" of business school recognition: accreditation by AACSB International.