Advance your career with Charlton’s Master of Science in Accounting (MSA). The MSA offers the professional development that will position you as a leader in the accounting field while maximizing your earnings potential.
If you have your bachelor’s degree in accounting, pursuing the MSA offers the academic preparation and practical skills that will lead to career success.
For non-accounting graduates, the MSA provides the opportunity to transition to rewarding careers in accounting and related professions.
CPA, CMA, and other accounting certifications
If you are pursuing the CPA designation, the MSA program will help you meet the 150-credit rule that has been adopted by all states. The program offers courses that are consistent with the content specifications of the CPA and Certified Management Accounting (CMA) exams and topics. The program will also provide excellent preparation for other valuable accounting-related professional certifications such as the Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Financial Planner (CFP), and Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE).
Program requirements vary, depending on whether you begin the MSA with a bachelor's degree in accounting, a business degree, or a degree in another field.
With a bachelor's in accounting:
- 7 required courses
- 3 elective courses
With a bachelor's in business:
- 9 required courses
- 2 elective courses
With a bachelor's in another field:
- 15 required courses
Sample MS Accounting Courses
- ACT 650 Accounting for Decision Making
- ACT 670 Financial Statement Analysis and Firm Valuation
- ACT 671 Strategic Cost Management
- ACT 672 International Accounting
- ACT 673 Government and Non-profit Accounting
- ACT 680 Forensic Accounting
- ACT 681 Advanced Managerial Accounting
- MGT 600 Corporate Social Responsibility and Law
- MIS 650 Information Technology Management
- FIN 650 Finance for Decision Making
UMass Dartmouth Advantages
Customize your education and receive the help and guidance to finish as planned:
- AACSB-accredited Charlton College of Business education
- Value and affordability of a UMass education
- Networking opportunities with other working professionals and faculty
- One-on-one personal advising from enrollment through graduation
- Limited class size ensures individualized interaction with professors
Learning Style: Online
Online courses are taught by UMass Dartmouth faculty to provide high quality instruction and personal attention. Students have the flexibility to accommodate work and home responsibilities within the structure of defined assignment due dates.
Candidates must submit the required application materials and application fee. Applications are reviewed and judged on the following criteria:
- Undergraduate degree: Official transcripts from all institutions of higher learning attended
- Official GMAT (or equivalent) test score or GMAT can be waived
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably one from a faculty member and one from an employer
- A personal statement (minimum 300 words) explaining the applicant's career goals and motivation for the degree
- Current Resume
- Candidates whose Bachelor’s degree was not earned in an approved English language country must submit either the TOEFL exam (minimum score of 80 internet-based or 550 paper-based) or IELTS exam (minimum band score of 6.5)
A 2018-2019 Military Friendly School, that focuses on recruitment and retention of students with military experience. Learn more
Charlton College of Business is proud to have earned the "gold standard" of business school recognition: accreditation by AACSB International.