Advance your education at UMassD
The UMass Dartmouth Women’s and Gender Studies undergraduate certificate program examines the varying influences upon the lives of men and women of factors including race, class, ethnicity, gender, sex, sexuality, and age.
Eligible students have an earned high school diploma.
This certificate program is offered 100% online.
UMass Dartmouth Women’s and Gender Studies certificate program students must complete 18 credits to receive the certificate, including 2 introductory courses and 3 upper-level courses. The certificate program can be completed online in two semesters.
In addition to introductory courses in Women’s and Gender Studies and in Feminist Theory, students must complete 2 upper-level elective courses. Students may choose from the following areas, and at least one of these upper-level elective courses must be in Humanities or Social Sciences:
- Feminist Theory
- Social Sciences
UMass Dartmouth Advantages
Customize your education and receive the help and guidance to finish as planned:
- Value and affordability of a UMass education
- One-on-one personal advising from enrollment through graduation
- Military friendly, with leading practices in the recruitment and retention of students with military experience
- Free online and in-person tutoring and writing center
Sample Course Offerings
Examples of courses offered in the Women’s and Gender Studies certificate program include (course offerings subject to change):
- Intro to Women’s and Gender Studies
- Introduction to Feminist Theory
- Contemporary Feminist Theory
- Global Feminism
Learning Style: Online
Online courses are taught by UMass Dartmouth faculty to provide high quality instruction and personal attention. Students have the flexibility to accommodate work and home responsibilities within the structure of defined assignment due dates.