Advance your education at UMassD
The UMass Dartmouth Environmental Policy Graduate Certificate introduces students to environmental issues of local, state, regional, national and global concern and provides the foundation for formulating and implementing policies to achieve sustainable operations. It is designed to provide students with:
- An understanding of the current major ecological issues
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills with an emphasis on policy analysis
- A foundation for developing and implementing of environmentally sound policies and practices
This certificate program is offered 100% online.
Successful completion of this certificate program waives the GRE requirement for applicants to the Master of Public Policy program.
To earn their certificate, UMass Dartmouth Education Policy certificate program students must complete 12 credits. These two courses are required:
- Public Institutions and the Policy Process
- Environmental Policy
Students choose two electives from courses such as:
- Environmental Consequences of Globalization
- Administrative Law
- Environmental Law
- Ocean Policy and Law
Students accepted into the UMass Dartmouth MPP program will receive credit for each certificate class with a grade of B or higher.
UMass Dartmouth Advantages
Customize your education and receive the help and guidance to finish as planned:
- Value and affordability of a UMass education
- One-on-one personal advising from enrollment through graduation
- Military friendly, with leading practices in the recruitment and retention of students with military experience
- Free online and in-person tutoring and writing center
Learning Style: Online
Online courses are taught by UMass Dartmouth faculty to provide high quality instruction and personal attention. Students have the flexibility to accommodate work and home responsibilities within the structure of defined assignment due dates.