Complete your degree at UMassD or earn all 120 credits for your degree
Money, time, and risk: these are the fundamentals of finance. Finance is the study of funds management, and how money is spent and budgeted. Financial decisions determine the economic viability of any enterprise, whether a corporation, multinational company, limited partnership, private company, or nonprofit organization.
Your professors—leading experts in their field—will introduce you to the discipline's analytical tools, which bring together concepts from economics, accounting, and mathematics. You'll learn to monitor and analyze trends in financial markets, develop an understanding of investments, and evaluate and plan for individual or business financial viability.
Transferring to UMassD
With our generous transfer policy, students with existing credits may transfer up to 90 credits from a regionally accredited institution.
Charlton's finance curriculum prepares you in the theory and the practice of modern financial management. You'll acquire professional, analytical, and managerial skills in finance, and will learn how to adapt to the changing demands of business and society.
For the BS in finance, you'll complete total 120 credit hours, consisting of University Studies courses, business foundation courses and finance courses.
Sample Course Offerings
Examples of courses offered in the BS in Finance program include (course offerings subject to change):
- Business Finance
- Investment Analysis
- Financial Modeling
- Financial Institutions
- Financial Management of Corporations
- Advanced Investment Analysis
- International Financial Management
- Intro to Financial Statement Analysis & Firm Valuation
Course descriptions, schedules and requirements
Customize your education and receive the help and guidance to finish as planned:
- Charlton College of Business was named to The Princeton Review's 2015 edition of its "Best 295 Business Schools"
- Value and affordability of a UMass education
- Generous transfer policy
- One-on-one personal advising from enrollment through graduation
- Free online and in-person tutoring and writing center
Expand your opportunities
UMass Dartmouth advanced degrees
- The MS in Accounting provides a convenient way for students to get the extra courses needed to meet the 150-credit requirement for the CPA certification.
- Benefit from advanced management and leadership education through Charlton's 30-credit MBA for business majors.
- Integrate advanced management study with a law school education through the joint MBA/JD with UMass Law.
Learning Style: Online
Online courses are taught by UMass Dartmouth faculty to provide high quality instruction and personal attention. Students have the flexibility to accommodate work and home responsibilities within the structure of defined assignment due dates. The majority of our online courses are taught asynchronously.