Earn your degree online from UMassD
- Earn 120 credits for a BA in Economics online
- Complete your BA in Economics online if you already have some college credits and a GPA of at least 2.0
Economics is the science of decision-making. Economists identify and analyze the costs and benefits of financial and social decisions.
As an economics major at UMass Dartmouth, you'll learn how to:
- Develop research and comparative analysis skills so you can collect and analyze data
- Understand and interpret trends and patterns in data to make forecasts
- Assess the relevance and weight of evidence
- Research economic issues and design policies to solve them
- Advise businesses and government on economic issues
Economics students learn to read critically, write clearly, and communicate effectively through argument, analysis, exposition, and oral presentation.
UMass Dartmouth Bachelor of Economics students must complete 120 credits to graduate.
With our generous transfer policy, students with existing credits may transfer up to 75 credits from a regionally accredited institution.
Sample Course Offerings
Examples of Economics degree courses offered include (course offerings subject to change):
- Environmental Economics
- Health Economics
- State and Local Public Economics
- Labor Economics
- Public Economics
Graduates have a solid foundation for pursuing a variety of careers or advanced degrees. Economists enter careers in:
- economic journalism
- public policy
UMass Dartmouth advanced degrees
Pursue graduate study in areas such as:
UMass Dartmouth Advantages
Customize your education and receive the help and guidance to finish as planned:
- UMassD online bachelor’s degree program ranked #7 in the nation by College Choice for most affordable online colleges
- Value and affordability of a UMass education
- Generous transfer policy
- One-on-one personal advising from enrollment through graduation
- Free online and in-person tutoring and writing center
Learning Style: Online
Online courses are taught by UMass Dartmouth faculty to provide high quality instruction and personal attention. Students have the flexibility to accommodate work and home responsibilities within the structure of defined assignment due dates.
- Honors College: take advanced courses, pursue research, and be part of a community of scholars
- Study Abroad: earn academic credits and gain a global perspective on your field
- Undergraduate Research: faculty work with students on cutting-edge research projects
- University Studies: gain the benefit of a broad university education to enhance your knowledge and skills