Complete your degree at UMassD or earn all 120 credits for your degree
The UMass Dartmouth BS in Accounting degree is fully online and prepares students for careers in public accounting, management accounting, government, and auditing.
- Earn 120 credits for a BS in Accounting
- Complete your BS in Accounting if you already have some college credits and a GPA of at least 2.5
The UMassD Charlton School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the highest international accreditation standard for schools of business.
UMass Dartmouth Accounting degree completion program requires students to complete 120 credits, and includes hands-on work experience through internship programs.
With our generous transfer policy, students with existing credits may transfer up to 75 credits from a regionally accredited institution.
Accounting students learn how to:
- Apply accounting concepts, standards, and regulations to prepare, audit, and analyze financial statements and tax reports
- Prepare, analyze, and communicate information for financial planning, control, investing, and decision making
- Apply concepts and methods used in internal control and the auditing process
- Use accounting systems to conduct and control operations
Sample Course Offerings
Examples of courses offered in the BS in Accounting program include (course offerings subject to change):
- Cost Accounting
- Business Finance
- Accounting Information Systems
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Government and Non-Profit Accounting
- Financial Management of Corporations
Graduates have a solid understanding of accounting principles including computer and information technology skills for a career in a variety of fields including:
- Accounting practices
- Government agencies
- General business
A BS in Accounting helps graduates prepare for certification as a Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
UMass Dartmouth advanced degrees
CPA certification requires an additional 30 credits in addition to the 120 credits for your BS. Students interested in a public accounting career should discuss with their advisor how to complete the additional hours of education required.
- MS in Accounting
- MS in Healthcare Management
- MS in Technology Management
UMass Dartmouth Advantages
Customize your education and receive the help and guidance to finish as planned:
- AACSB-accredited Charlton College of Business education
- In the top 10 for undergraduate accounting programs in Massachusetts as ranked by Accounting Degree Review
- UMassD online bachelor’s degree program ranked #7 in the nation by College Choice for most affordable online colleges
- Value and affordability of a UMass education
- Generous transfer policy
- One-on-one personal advising from enrollment through graduation
- Free online and in-person tutoring and writing center
Learning Style: Online
Online – Courses are taught by UMass Dartmouth faculty to provide high quality instruction and personal attention. Students have the flexibility to accommodate work and home responsibilities within the structure of defined assignment due dates.
UMassD is a Military Friendly School, with leading practices in the recruitment and retention of students with military experience. Learn more
Charlton College of Business is proud to have earned the "gold standard" of business school recognition: accreditation by AACSB International.