Complete your degree in Crime and Justice Studies
The UMass Dartmouth online bachelor’s degree program in Crime and Justice Studies focuses on the social and ethical considerations unique to the field of crime and justice.
Graduates have a solid foundation for pursuing a variety of careers or furthering their education in fields such as:
- Public Service
- Law Enforcement
- Public Policy
Learning style: online
Online: Courses are taught by UMass Dartmouth faculty to provide high quality instruction and personal attention. Students have the flexibility to accommodate work and home responsibilities within the structure of defined assignment due dates.
Students must complete the following required courses:
- Introduction to Crime and Justice Studies
- Justice and Society
- Criminological Theory
- Contemporary Topics in Justice
Additionally, students complete Crime and Justice Studies electives, upper-level electives from at least 2 different disciplines, and an internship.
Sample course offerings
Examples of courses offered in the Crime and Justice Studies program include (course offerings subject to change):
- Women, Crime and the Law
- Racism, Crime & Justice
- Politics of Policing
- The War on Drugs
- Men & Masculinities
- White Collar Crime
Customize your education and receive the help and guidance to finish as planned.
- UMassD rated #4 in Massachusetts for online bachelor’s programs, #6 in New England, and #70 nationwide, by U.S. News & World Report
- UMassD online bachelor’s degree program ranked #7 in the nation by College Choice for most affordable online colleges
- Value and affordability of a UMass education
- Generous transfer policy
- One-on-one personal advising from enrollment through graduation
- Military friendly, with leading practices in the recruitment and retention of students with military experience
- Free online and in-person tutoring and writing center
- Honors College: take advanced courses, pursue research, and be part of a community of scholars
- Study Abroad: earn academic credits and gain a global perspective on your field
- Undergraduate Research: faculty work with students on cutting-edge research projects
- University Studies: gain the benefit of a broad university education to enhance your knowledge and skills
With our generous transfer policy, students with existing credits may transfer up to 75 credits from a regionally accredited institution.