Complete your degree at UMassD or earn all 120 credits for your degree
Management Information Systems (MIS) E-Commerce/Digital Business option is about finding answers and leveraging information technology within an organization to increase business value and profits. The MIS program prepares you to succeed in one of the most rapidly expanding professions in the world of business.In our MIS program you will learn how to:
- analyze an organization's information systems
- conceptualize and design business solutions using communication and information technologies
- implement solutions and manage project teams
- manage systems throughout their life cycles
- apply technical skills in database, networking and business analytics
A bachelor's degree in MIS prepares you for a multitude of career paths, including IT consultant, business analyst, e-commerce systems developer, and database specialist.
MIS professionals are in high demand. In fact, the U.S. Labor Department predicts that MIS will have one of the largest growth rates over any other profession.
The UMassD Charlton School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the highest international accreditation standard for schools of business.
UMass Dartmouth Management Information Systems students must complete 120 credits to graduate.
With our generous transfer policy, students with existing credits may transfer up to 75 credits from a regionally accredited institution.
E-Commerce/Digital Business option
Advanced course work prepares you for success in the Internet economy through
- e-commerce development
- social media marketing
- systems analysis
- small business management
- management of an organization's information resources
Sample Course Offerings
Examples of MIS courses offered include (course offerings subject to change):
- Systems Analysis & Design
- IT for Small Business
- Social Media Marketing
- Management of Information Systems
- Advanced Information Systems
- Electronic Commerce/Electronic Business
Graduates have a solid foundation for pursuing a career in management in almost any field:
- Web Content
- IT Consultant
- Information Systems
- Data Analysis
- Business Analysis
UMass Dartmouth advanced degrees
- MS in Accounting
- MS in Healthcare Management
- MS in Technology Management
UMass Dartmouth Advantages
Customize your education and receive the help and guidance to finish as planned:
- AACSB-accredited Charlton College of Business education
- UMassD online bachelor’s degree program ranked #7 in the nation by College Choice for most affordable online colleges
- Value and affordability of a UMass education
- Generous transfer policy
- One-on-one personal advising from enrollment through graduation
- Free online and in-person tutoring and writing center
Learning Style: Online
Online courses are taught by UMass Dartmouth faculty and seasoned practitioners to provide high quality instruction and personal attention. Students have the flexibility to accommodate work and home responsibilities within the structure of defined assignment due dates.
- Honors College: take advanced courses, pursue research, and be part of a community of scholars
- Study Abroad: earn academic credits and gain a global perspective on your field
- Undergraduate Research: faculty work with students on cutting-edge research projects
- University Studies: gain the benefit of a broad university education to enhance your knowledge and skills
A 2018-2019 Military Friendly School, that focuses on recruitment and retention of students with military experience. Learn more
Charlton College of Business is proud to have earned the "gold standard" of business school recognition: accreditation by AACSB International.