Earn your master’s degree from UMassD
The UMass Dartmouth Master of Science in Healthcare Management (MSHM) program provides management and leadership education for those working in the healthcare industry. Students acquire the knowledge and tools for effective healthcare management including strategies for saving time and money, improving quality of care, redesigning organizational processes, and reducing implementation errors.
The MS in Healthcare Management is offered through the Charlton College of Business. The UMassD Charlton School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the highest international accreditation standard for schools of business.
Learn about the criteria for a GMAT waiver.
UMass Dartmouth Master of Science in Healthcare Management students must complete 30 credits to graduate, including 8 required courses and either 2 electives or a Master’s Project or Master’s Thesis. Students not holding a bachelor’s degree in business may be required to take up to 9 additional credits for prerequisite courses in accounting, economics/finances and/or statistics.
Core courses focus on two key areas: management of costs, quality and error reduction, and development of leadership, motivation and collaborative skills.
UMass Dartmouth Advantages
Customize your education and receive the help and guidance to finish as planned:
- AACSB-accredited Charlton College of Business education
- Value and affordability of a UMass education
- One-on-one personal advising from enrollment through graduation
- Limited class size ensures individualized interaction with professors
- Networking opportunities with other working professionals and faculty
- Free online and in-person tutoring and writing center
Sample MSHM Courses
- Strategic Cost Management
- Management of Organizational Change
- Leading, Motivating, and Empowering Others
- Management of Health Care Operation
- Advanced Project Management
- Accounting for Decision Making
Learning Style: Online or On campus
Online – Online courses are taught by UMass Dartmouth faculty and seasoned practitioners to provide high quality instruction and personal attention. Students have the flexibility to accommodate work and home responsibilities within the structure of defined assignment due dates.
On campus – Enjoy the face-to-face interaction with faculty and your peers.
Candidates must submit the required application materials and application fee to Graduate Studies. Applications are reviewed and judged on the following criteria:
- Official transcripts from all institutions of higher learning attended.
- GMAT exam or equivalent. Learn about the criteria for a GMAT waiver.
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably 1 from a faculty member and 1 from an employer.
- A personal statement (minimum 300 words) explaining the applicant's career goals and motivation for the degree.
- Current resume.
- Candidates whose bachelor’s degree was not earned in an approved English-language country must submit either the TOEFL exam (minimum score of 80 internet-based or 550 paper-based) or IELTS exam (minimum overall band score of 6.5).
* Applicants whose GMAT requirement is waived may still be required to take Foundation courses prior to beginning the graduate coursework. Exceptions and waivers will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Charlton College of Business is proud to have earned the "gold standard" of business school recognition: accreditation by AACSB International.