Public Administration Online
Advance your education at UMassD
With a BS in Public Administration, you'll acquire the analytical, critical thinking, and writing skills necessary to excel in your career. You will be prepared to work in local, state or federal government in a budgetary or financial management position.
You will learn to:
- understand concepts, theories and empirical findings in public administration
- design research and perform data analysis & interpretation
- understand and synthesize professional and popular writing on public affairs
- formulate and analyze arguments including their structure and force
- assess the relevance and weight of evidence
- write clearly and persuasively
- organize your ideas in a focused paper or presentation
If you're interested in preparing to work in the social or public services sectors, learn about what our Bachelor of Arts in Public Administration offers.
Transferring to UMassD
With our generous transfer policy, students with existing credits may transfer up to 90 credits from a regionally accredited institution.
To earn your degree, you'll need 120 credits, and 42 credits in your major. The BS degree requires 3 quantitative courses.
Sample Course Offerings
Examples of courses offered in the Public Administration program include (course offerings subject to change):
- Civil Rights in the U.S.
- State & Local Government
- Public Economics
- Public Policy
- Urban Economics
- Introductory-level American government course
- Upper-level public administration course
- Microeconomics and Macroeconomics
- Business Communication
- internship course
- senior capstone in Public Administration
Course descriptions, schedules and requirements
Customize your education and receive the help and guidance to finish as planned:
- Generous transfer policy
- Value and affordability of a UMass education
- One-on-one personal advising from enrollment through graduation
- Free online and in-person tutoring and writing center
Learning Style: Online
Online courses are taught by UMass Dartmouth faculty to provide high quality instruction and personal attention. Students have the flexibility to accommodate work and home responsibilities within the structure of defined assignment due dates. The majority of our online courses are taught asynchronously.