Transfer your credits or earn your degree completely online
The University of Massachusetts Dartmouth Liberal Arts degree program teaches students to think critically, write clearly and communicate effectively. This degree prepares students for a wide range of careers.
Earn a bachelor’s degree at UMassD or complete your degree at UMassD if you already have some college credits. The program is 100% online.
UMass Dartmouth Liberal Arts degree students must complete 120 credits to graduate with a Bachelor of Arts (BA).
With our generous transfer policy, students with existing credits may transfer up to 75 credits from a regionally accredited institution.
Liberal Arts degree students choose two of the following concentrations:
- English Literature and Criticism
- Political Science
- Sociology and Anthropology
- Urban Studies
- Women’s and Gender Studies
Within those concentrations, students learn to read and analyze critically, write thoughtfully, and communicate effectively through argument, analysis, exposition, and oral presentation.
Sample Course Offerings
Examples of courses offered in the Liberal Arts concentrations include (course offerings subject to change):
- Intro to Studies Across the Disciplines
- Financial Economics
- American Fiction Since 1945
- World Civilizations
- Philosophy of Happiness
- International Relations
- Politics in Film
- Sociology of Food
- Sex Roles & Politics
Graduates have a solid foundation for pursuing a variety of careers or advanced degrees in fields including:
- Human Resources
- Politics or Public Policy
- Social Work
UMass Dartmouth advanced degrees
UMass Dartmouth Advantages
Customize your education and receive the help and guidance to finish as planned:
- UMassD online bachelor’s degree program ranked #7 in the nation by College Choice for most affordable online colleges
- Value and affordability of a UMass education
- Generous transfer policy
- One-on-one personal advising from enrollment through graduation
- Free online and in-person tutoring and writing center
Learning Style: Online
Online – Courses are taught by UMass Dartmouth faculty to provide high quality instruction and personal attention. Students have the flexibility to accommodate work and home responsibilities within the structure of defined assignment due dates.