Advance your education at UMassD
The UMass Dartmouth certificate in Portuguese Language and Cultures helps develop and strengthen communication skills in Portuguese, as well as understanding of related cultures. A strong foundation in the Portuguese language and Lusophone cultures prepares students to pursue further coursework in Portuguese and related areas. It also prepares students to take advantage of opportunities in fields such as international relations, business, translation and interpretation, teaching, government, and many more.
Eligible students have earned a high school diploma.
This certificate program is offered 100% online.
UMass Dartmouth Portuguese Language and Cultures online certificate program students must complete 12 credits to receive the certificate.
- POR 102: Elementary Portuguese II
- POR 201: Intermediate Portuguese I
- POR 202: Intermediate Portuguese II
- POR 301: Portuguese Composition and Conversation I
Customize your education and receive the help and guidance to finish as planned:
- Value and affordability of a UMass education
- One-on-one personal advising from enrollment through graduation
- Military friendly, with leading practices in the recruitment and retention of students with military experience
- Honors College: take advanced courses, pursue research, and be part of a community of scholars
- Study Abroad: earn academic credits and gain a global perspective on your field
- Undergraduate Research: faculty work with students on cutting-edge research projects
- University Studies: gain the benefit of a broad university education to enhance your knowledge and skills
Learning Style: Online
Online courses are taught by UMass Dartmouth faculty to provide high-quality instruction and personal attention. Students have the flexibility to accommodate work and home responsibilities within the structure of defined assignment due dates.