Complete your degree at UMassD
The UMass Dartmouth bachelor’s degree in Women’s and Gender Studies considers the influence of gender in contemporary society, examining historical factors that have shaped the current status of women and exploring paths to achieving equality for all people.
The UMass Dartmouth Women’s and Gender Studies degree completion program requires students complete 120 credits to graduate.
With our generous transfer policy, students with existing credits may transfer up to 75 credits from a regionally accredited institution.
Women’s and Gender Studies degree students focus on a core curriculum in feminist theory with concentrations on:
- Gender Studies
- Politics, Justice and Policy
- Cross-Cultural Inquiry
- Literature, History and the Arts
Within those concentrations, students learn to read analytically, write critically, and communicate effectively through argument, analysis, exposition, and oral presentation.
Sample Course Offerings
Examples of courses offered in the Women’s and Gender Studies program include (course offerings subject to change):
- Intro to Women’s and Gender Studies
- Introduction to Feminist Theory
- Feminist Research Methods
- Gender and Communication
- Sex Roles and Politics
- Women, Crime, and the Law
- Women Writers
Graduates have a solid understanding of the role of diversity within the nation and the world, preparing them for a career in a variety of fields and graduate study including:
- Family Services
- Nonprofit Organizations
- Human Resources
UMass Dartmouth advanced degrees
UMass Dartmouth Advantages
Customize your education and receive the help and guidance to finish as planned:
- UMassD rated #4 in Massachusetts for online bachelor's programs, #6 in New England, and #70 nationwide by U.S. News & World Report in 2016
- Value and affordability of a UMass education
- Generous transfer policy
- One-on-one personal advising from enrollment through graduation
- Free online and in-person tutoring and writing center
Learning Style: Online
Online courses are taught by UMass Dartmouth faculty to provide high quality instruction and personal attention. Students have the flexibility to accommodate work and home responsibilities within the structure of defined assignment due dates.