Earn your master’s degree from UMassD
The UMass Dartmouth online Master of Public Policy (MPP) program provides preparation for advancement or employment in state, federal and municipal governments. It also is well suited for leadership of nonprofit organizations, non-governmental organizations, and business, trade and labor associations. The course of study focuses on policy analysis, applied research and public management skills.
The MPP degree is offered fully online.
The GRE requirement is waived for students successfully completing a UMass Dartmouth Public Policy online certificate:
UMass Dartmouth online Master of Public Policy students must complete 12 courses.
Students holding a Public Policy certificate from UMass Dartmouth will receive credit for each certificate class with a grade of 3.0 or higher.
Master of Public Policy students must choose one of the following concentrations:
- Educational Policy
- Environmental Policy
- Public Management
More information is available on the Public Policy Department website.
The MPP degree can help you progress within your career or move into a new career and leadership responsibilities in:
- Local, state, and federal agencies, offices, and departments
- Nonprofit organizations
- Non-governmental organizations
- Business, trade and labor associations
UMass Dartmouth Advantages
Customize your education and receive the help and guidance to finish as planned:
- Value and affordability of a UMass education
- One-on-one personal advising from enrollment through graduation
- Military friendly, with leading practices in the recruitment and retention of students with military experience
- Limited class size ensures individualized interaction with professors
Sample Course Offerings
Courses offered in the Master of Public Policy program include (course offerings subject to change):
- Administrative Law
- Organizational Behavior in Educational Settings
- Policy Analysis
- Regional Economic Development Policy
- Research Methods for Public Policy
Learning Style: Online
Online courses are taught by UMass Dartmouth faculty and seasoned practitioners to provide high quality instruction and personal attention. Students have the flexibility to accommodate work and home responsibilities within the structure of defined assignment due dates.