Earn your master’s degree from UMassD
The UMass Dartmouth online Master of Public Policy (MPP) program provides preparation for advancement or employment in state, federal and municipal governments. It also is well suited for leadership of nonprofit organizations, non-governmental organizations, and business, trade and labor associations. The course of study focuses on policy analysis, applied research and public management skills.
The MPP degree is offered fully online.
The GRE requirement is waived for students successfully completing a UMass Dartmouth Public Policy online certificate:
UMass Dartmouth online Master of Public Policy students must complete 36 credits including an internship to graduate. During their final semester, students present a professional portfolio for faculty review and approval.
Students holding a Public Policy certificate from UMass Dartmouth will receive credit for each certificate class with a grade of 3.0 or higher.
Master of Public Policy students choose one of the following policy concentrations:
- Environmental Policy
- Educational Policy
- Public Management
The MPP degree can help you progress within your career or move into a new career and leadership responsibilities in:
- State and federal agencies
- Local, state and federal offices and departments
- Nonprofit organizations
- Non-governmental organizations
- Business, trade and labor associations
UMass Dartmouth Advantages
Customize your education and receive the help and guidance to finish as planned:
- Value and affordability of a UMass education
- One-on-one personal advising from enrollment through graduation
- Military friendly, with leading practices in the recruitment and retention of students with military experience
- Free online and in-person tutoring and writing center
Sample Course Offerings
Courses offered in the Master of Public Policy program include (course offerings subject to change):
- Administrative Law - Policy Analysis
- Research Methods for Public Policy
- Environmental Consequences of Globalization
- Organizational Behavior in Educational Settings
- Regional Economic Development Policy
Learning Style: Online
Online courses are taught by UMass Dartmouth faculty and seasoned practitioners to provide high quality instruction and personal attention. Students have the flexibility to accommodate work and home responsibilities within the structure of defined assignment due dates.