Business Foundations Online
Advance your education at UMassD
The UMass Dartmouth Business Foundations Graduate Certificate provides students with non-business bachelor’s degrees a solid understanding of business principles. Certificate holders gain greater expertise in key management fundamentals and the courses can also prepare you to further your education.
This certificate program is offered 100% online. It is structured for easy transition into the Charlton MBA program. A GMAT waiver may be granted to students who complete this certificate program with a GPA of 3.30 or higher and earned grades of B- and above in the four certificate courses.
The UMassD Charlton School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the highest international accreditation standard for schools of business.
Review the admission process for the Business Foundations certificate program. Additional materials required
- College transcripts
- Statement of purpose (1- to 2-page essay)
To earn their certificate, UMass Dartmouth Business Foundation certificate program students must complete 12 credits including the following courses:
- FIN 500: Economic Concepts for Managers
- ACT 500: Financial Accounting
- POM 500: Statistical Analysis
- Any 600-level Charlton College of Business course (in which student meets prerequisites for)
The certificate program can be completed online in as little as one year.
Customize your education and receive the help and guidance to finish as planned:
- Value and affordability of a UMass education
- One-on-one personal advising from enrollment through graduation
- Military friendly, with leading practices in the recruitment and retention of students with military experience
- Free online and in-person tutoring and writing center
Learning Style: Online
Online courses are taught by UMass Dartmouth faculty to provide high quality instruction and personal attention. Students have the flexibility to accommodate work and home responsibilities within the structure of defined assignment due dates. The majority of our online courses are taught asynchronously.