Complete your degree at UMassD or earn all 120 credits for your degree
The UMass Dartmouth BS in Operations Management teaches students the fundamental operations management skills necessary for career advancement. Students study how to get things done and produced, with minimal time, effort, and cost—and maximum quality. The result? The effective use of resources: people, money, machinery, facilities, material, and information.
Earn your BS in Operations Management at UMassD or complete your degree at UMassD if you already have some college credits.
The UMassD Charlton School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the highest international accreditation standard for schools of business.
UMass Dartmouth Operations Management students must complete 120 credits to graduate.
With our generous transfer policy, students with existing credits may transfer up to 75 credits from a regionally accredited institution.
Operations Management degree students gain proficiency in:
- Computer technology
- Quantitative methods
- Supply chain management
- Planning and problem-solving techniques
Students will be prepared to evaluate an organization’s objectives, analyze internal and external environments, and create effective management strategies and tactics to achieve an organization’s goals.
Sample Course Offerings
Examples of Management courses offered include (course offerings subject to change):
- Quantitative Business Analysis
- Project Management
- Managing Quality
- Process Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Business Logistics
Graduates have a solid foundation for pursuing a career in management in almost any field:
- Information Systems
UMass Dartmouth also offers advanced degrees
- MS in Accounting
- MS in Healthcare Management
- MS in Technology Management
UMass Dartmouth Advantages
Customize your education and receive the help and guidance to finish as planned:
- AACSB-accredited Charlton College of Business education
- Charlton College of Business was named to The Princeton Review's 2015 edition of its "Best 295 Business Schools"
- UMassD rated #4 in Massachusetts for online bachelor’s programs, #6 in New England, and #70 nationwide, by U.S. News & World Report in 2015
- UMassD online bachelor’s degree program ranked #7 in the nation by College Choice for most affordable online colleges
- Value and affordability of a UMass education
- Generous transfer policy
- One-on-one personal advising from enrollment through graduation
- Free online and in-person tutoring and writing center
Learning Style: Online
Online courses are taught by UMass Dartmouth faculty and seasoned practitioners to provide high quality instruction and personal attention. Students have the flexibility to accommodate work and home responsibilities within the structure of defined assignment due dates.
- Honors College: take advanced courses, pursue research, and be part of a community of scholars
- Study Abroad: earn academic credits and gain a global perspective on your field
- Undergraduate Research: faculty work with students on cutting-edge research projects
- University Studies: gain the benefit of a broad university education to enhance your knowledge and skills