SMAST / Estuarine & Ocean Sciences
School for Marine Science & Technology East, New Bedford 224
|1972||State University of New York at Stony Brook||B.S. Geology & Mathematics|
|1976||University of Rhode Island Graduate School of Oceanography||M.S. Oceanography|
|1991||University of Rhode Island Graduate School of Oceanography||Ph.D Oceanography|
- Intercampus Marine Science Programs MS, PhD
- Marine Science and Technology MS
- Marine Science and Technology PhD
- University of São Paulo Dual PhD PhD
- 2007-2008, Climate-Related Interannual Variability of Potential New Production, (PI), NASA Center for Computational Sciences, Award of 750,000 Processor hours using the NASA/NCCS supercomputers “Columbia” and “Palm,” $0
- 2008-2011, Collaborative Research: GLOBEC Pan-Regional Synthesis: End-to-End Energy Budgets in USGLOBEC Regions (PI), NSF, $155,185.
- 2008-2010, Collaborative Research: GLOBEC Pan-Regional Synthesis: The Effect of Varying Freshwater Inputs on Regional Ecosystems in the North Atlantic (Co-PI; A. Gangopadhyay, PI), NSF, $259,556.
- Remote sensing of sea surface temperature and ocean pigments
- Remote sensing of dynamic ocean topography and surface waves
- Biological oceanographic applications of remotely-sensed data
- Dynamics/kinematics of coastal fronts
- Air sea interaction
- Chaudhuri, Ayan H., Avijit Gangopadhyay, and James J. Bisagni (2011).
Contrasting response of the eastern and western North Atlantic circulation to an episodic climate event
Journal of Physical Oceanography, 41, 1630-1638.
- Bisagni, J. J., H-S. Kim, and A. Chaudhuri (2009).
Interannual variability of the shelf slope front position between 75° and 50° W
Journal of Marine Systems, 78(3), 337-350.
- Chaudhuri, A.H., A. Gangopadhyay, and J.J. Bisagni (2009).
Interannual variability of Gulf Stream warm core rings in response to the North Atlantic Oscillation
Continental Shelf Research, 29(7), 856-869.