Steven X. Cadrin, PhD
SMAST / Fisheries Oceanography
School for Marine Science & Technology East, New Bedford 121
|2003||University of Rhode Island||PhD, Fisheries Science|
|1995||University of Massachusetts Dartmouth||MS, Marine Biology|
|1985||Southampton College, Long Island University||BS, Marine Science|
- Stock Assessment of Fisheries Resources
- Stock Identification Methods
- Field Methods for Fisheries Research
- Science Communication for Research Scientists
- Fisheries Management
- Intercampus Marine Science Programs MS, PhD
- Marine Science and Technology MS
- Marine Science and Technology PhD
- Marine Science and Technology PSM
- University of São Paulo Dual PhD PhD
A broad overview of fishery management objectives, strategies and tactics. A detailed review of best practices for achieving sustainable fisheries, performance evaluation and optimal yield for achieving resource conservation and socio-economic utilities will be developed through lectures and student assignments. Current initiatives such as ecosystem approaches, risk-based management and management strategy evaluation will also be introduced. Lectures will be based on theory and application to real-world case studies.
Seminar discussions and presentations based on research or detailed literature surveys.
- Acoustic Telemetry and Spawning Behavior of Atlantic Cods
- New England Groundfish Catch Rates
- Atlantic Bluefin Tuna Management Strategy Evaluatio
- New England Groundfish Management Strategy Evaluation
- Atlantic Cod Stock Identification
- $ 15,900.00 Investigating The Effects of Climate on Fishery Catch Rates of New England Groundfish
- Interdisciplinary Stock Identification
- Spatially-Structured Population Models
- Management Strategy Evaluation
- Fishery Stock Assessment
- Collaborative Research with Fishermen
Cadrin SX (2020).
Defining spatial structure for fishery stock assessment
Fisheries Research, 221, Online.
Cadrin SX & M Dickey-Collas (2015).
Stock assessment methods for sustainable fisheries
ICES Journal of Marine Science, 72, pp. 1-6.
Cadrin SX, LA Kerr & S Mariani (2014).
Stock Identification Methods: applications in fisheries science, 2nd Edition
Elsevier Academic Press, pp. 566.