Professor & Montgomery Charter Chair
SMAST / Fisheries Oceanography
School for Marine Science & Technology East, New Bedford 226
|1983||Ocean University of China||M.S. in Meteorology|
|1989||Massachusetts Institute of Technology||M.S. in Physical Oceanography|
|1992||Massachusetts Institute of Technology/Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution Joint Program||Ph.D in Physical Oceanography|
- MAR650: Marine Ecosystem Dynamics
- MAR513: Numerical Methods in Ocean Sciences
- MAR599: Special Topics-Arctic Ocean Dynamics and Its Roles to Climate Change
- MAR599: Special-Topic: Ocean Circulation Theory
- MAR599: Special Topic: Impacts of Climate Change on Ecosystem.
- Intercampus Marine Science Programs MS, PhD
- Marine Science and Technology MS
- Marine Science and Technology PhD
- Marine Science and Technology PSM
- University of São Paulo Dual PhD PhD
- Multi-scale resolving global-regional-coastal-esturine integrated FVCOM model development
- Arctic Ocean modeling, the Gulf of Maine/New England ecosystem dynamics
- Northeast Coastal Ocean Forecast System (NECOFS) development and operations
- Coastal ocean acidification/ecosystem/water quality
- FVCOM development and improvement
- $138,812.00 Projecting Climate-related Shifts in American Lobster Habitat and Connectivity
- Modeling and observational exploration of coastal ocean circulation
- Oceanic frontal processes
- Biological and physical interactions
- Arctic Ocean and Climate Change
- Multi-scaling ocean model developments
Chen, C., G. Gao, Y. Zhang, R. C. Beardsley, Z. Lai, J. Qi, H. Lin (2016).
Circulation in the Arctic Ocean: Results from a high-resolution coupled ice-sea nested Global-FVCOM and Arctic-FVCOM system
Progress in Oceanography, 141, 60-80.
Zhang, Y., C. Chen, R. C. Beardsley, G. Gao, Z. Lai, B. Curry, C. M. Lee, H. Lin, J. Qi, and Q. Xu (2016).
Studies of the Canadian Arctic Archipelago water transport and its relationship to basin-local forcings: Results from AO-FVCOM
Journal of Geophysical Research-Oceans, 121, doi:10.100.
Sun, Y., C. Chen, R. C. Beardsley, D. Ullman, B. Butman, H. Lin (2016).
Surface circulation in Block Island Sound and adjacent coastal and shelf regions
Progress in Oceanography, 143, 26-45.