Chancellor Professor Emeritus
SMAST / Fisheries Oceanography
School for Marine Science & Technology East, New Bedford 304
|1965||College of the Holy Cross||B.S. in Mathematics|
|1977||University of Massachusetts Amherst||Ph.D. in Economics|
- Achieving optimum yield in the scallop fishery by confronting yellowtail flounder bycatch, with Steven X. Cadrin, Cate O’Keefe, & Greg DeCelles
- River herring bycatch avoidance in small mesh fisheries, with Kevin Stokesbury
- Climate-related ecosystem variability along the eastern seaboard of North America and its potential effects on management of Atlantic cod and haddock on Georges Bank, with James Bisagni
- The effect of days at sea limits on technical efficiency, with Eric Thunberg & Jim Kirkley
- Marine resource economics
- Comparative economic systems
- Economic history
- Dankel, D., N. Jacobson, D. Georgianna and S. Cadrin (2009).
Can we increase haddock yield within the constraints of the Magnuson-Stevens Act?
Fisheries Research, 100, 240-247.
- Georgianna, D., J. Kirkley and E. Thunberg (2008).
The effect of days at sea limits on technical efficiency
Papers & Proceedings, Fourteenth Biennial Conference, International Institute for Fisheries Economics and Trade
- Georgianna, D., and D. Shrader (2008).
The effects of days at sea on employment, income, and hours of work: Some preliminary evidence
Human Ecology Review, 15(1), 185-193.