SMAST / Estuarine & Ocean Sciences
School for Marine Science & Technology West, New Bedford 110A
|1991||University of California||B.A.|
|1995||Massachusetts Institute of Technology||Sc.M.|
|1998||Massachusetts Institute of Technology||Ph.D|
- Intercampus Marine Science Programs MS, PhD
- Marine Science and Technology MS
- Marine Science and Technology PhD
- Marine Science and Technology PSM
- University of São Paulo Dual PhD PhD
- Small-scale vertical and horizontal mixing processes
- Dye release and Lagrangian drifter studies
- Numerical modeling of two- and three-dimensional turbulent flows
- Numerical modeling of physical and biological interactions
- Collaborative Research: LIDAR Studies of Lateral Dispersion in the Seasonal Pycnocline
- LIDAR and Numerical Modeling Studies of Small-Scale Lateral Dispersion in the Ocean
- High-resolution mapping of dye release experiments using airborne LIDAR
- Laboratory studies of stirring by small-scale geostrophic motions
- Numerical simulations of stirring by the relaxation of diapycnal mixing events
Brunner-Suzuki, A.-M.E.G, M.A. Sundermeyer, M.P. Lelong (2014).
The vortical mode, internal waves, and inverse energy cascade
Journal of Physical Oceanography
Radlinski, M. K., M. A. Sundermeyer, J. J. Bisagni, and S. X. Cadrin (2013).
Spatial and temporal distribution of Atlantic mackerel, Scomber scombrus, along the northeast coast of the United States
ICES Journal of Marine Science, 70(6), 1151-1161.
Brunner-Suzuki, A-M. E. G., M. A. Sundermeyer, and M.P. Lelong (2012).
Vortex stability in a large-scale internal wave shear
Journal of Physical Oceanography, 42, 1668-1683.