Professor / Chairperson
SMAST / Fisheries Oceanography
School for Marine Science & Technology East, New Bedford 127
|1982||Zhejiang Ocean University||B.Eng.|
|1987||University of Aberdeen Scotland||PhD|
- Fish Behavior and Conservation Engineering
- Conservation in World Marine Capture Fisheries
- Intercampus Marine Science Programs MS, PhD
- Marine Science and Technology MS
- Marine Science and Technology PhD
- University of São Paulo Dual PhD PhD
- Reducing bycatch and discards in New England Multispecies trawl fishery
- Reducing bycatch in scallop fishery
- Improving utilization of healthy fish stocks
- $ 358,666 awarded by Revolution Wind, LLC for Pre-construction: Trawl Fisheries Monitoring Services for the REV01 Wind Farm
- $ 358,666 awarded by Sunrise Wind, LLC for Pre-Construction: Trawl Fisheries Monitoring Services for the SRW01 Wind Farm
- $ 1,213,246 awarded by Vineyard Offshore for VW: 501N 2023
- $ 396,311 awarded by Bureau of Ocean Energy Management for Exploring the Connectivity Among Offshore Wind Turbines
- $ 207,695 awarded by National Fish And Wildlife Foundation | AIS, INC for Integrating an Intelligent Discard Chute into New England Groundfish Electronic Monitoring (MA)
- Sustainable fisheries
- Fish behavior near fishing gear
- Environmentally friendly fishing gear design
- Evaluating and reducing fishing impact
- He, P. (2010).
Behavior of Marine Fishes: Capture Process and Conservation Challenges
- O’Connell, C. P., S.Y. Hyun, S.H. Gruber, and P. He (2015).
Effects of barium-ferrite permanent magnets on great hammerhead shark Sphyrna mokarran behavior and implications for future conservation technologies
Endangered Species Research, 26, 243-256.
- He, P., C. Rillahan and V. Balzano (2015).
Reduced Herding of Flounders by Floating Bridles: Application in Gulf of Maine Northern Shrimp Trawls to Reduce Bycatch
ICES Journal of Marine Sciences, 72, 1514-1524.
Latest from Pingguo
- May 30, 2021 Fisheries Oceanography professors receive $1M to assess fisheries and ecosystem impact of the soon-to-be-built wind farms offshore of Southern New England