SMAST / Fisheries Oceanography
School for Marine Science & Technology East, New Bedford 127
|1982||Zhejiang Ocean University||B.Eng.|
|1987||University of Aberdeen Scotland||PhD|
- Fish Behavior and Conservation Engineering
- Conservation in World Marine Capture Fisheries
- Sustainable fisheries
- Fish behavior near fishing gear
- Environmentally friendly fishing gear design
- Evaluating and reducing fishing impact
- Reducing bycatch and discards in New England Multispecies trawl fishery
- Reducing bycatch in scallop fishery
- Improving utilization of healthy fish stocks
He, P. (2010).
Behavior of Marine Fishes: Capture Process and Conservation Challenges
O’Connell, C. P., S.Y. Hyun, S.H. Gruber, and P. He (2015).
Effects of barium-ferrite permanent magnets on great hammerhead shark Sphyrna mokarran behavior and implications for future conservation technologies
Endangered Species Research, 26, 243-256.
He, P., C. Rillahan and V. Balzano (2015).
Reduced Herding of Flounders by Floating Bridles: Application in Gulf of Maine Northern Shrimp Trawls to Reduce Bycatch
ICES Journal of Marine Sciences, 72, 1514-1524.