UMass Dartmouth's custom interview training system. Use Big Interview to learn and practice your interview skills, whether you're interviewing for a job or graduate school. UMass Dartmouth students have complimentary access. All you'll need is your UMassD email address to create an account.
Corsair Career Spots
Empowers student learning with interactive, short, engaging videos to launch their careers. These 4 career channels provide over 100 up-to-date videos on various career and professional topics for students. Career-ready tools aim to deliver 24/7 access offering concise, compelling career advice to empower learners to develop, articulate, and achieve their desired career success.
GoinGlobal empowers international students with comprehensive country and city career guides, tailored job listings, and H1B visa employer databases. By offering insights into global job markets, cultural etiquette, and networking opportunities, it provides students with the tools to navigate their international career journey effectively. Use the GoinGlobal Employer database search to find H1B Visa friendly employers
Handshake is a job and internship database for students and alumni.
IBISWorld provides trusted industry research on thousands of industries worldwide. Our in-house analysts leverage economic, demographic, and market data, then add analytical and forward-looking insight, to help organizations of all types make better business decisions.
Identity Based Resources
At the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth Career Center, we recognize the rich tapestry of identities that our students bring to our community. Our Identity Based Resources page is a testament to our dedication to understanding, celebrating, and supporting the diverse experiences and backgrounds of every student.
UMass Dartmouth hosts a LinkedIn Learning account which provides students (as well as faculty and staff) with free access to a wide range of virtual, expert-led courses and learning modules. Students can explore Role Guides, Learning Paths, and essential Topics and Resources within industries of interest. They have the ability to create personal goals, track their learning, and earn certifications that can be displayed on their LinkedIn Profile. LinkedIn Learning provides valuable content for students at all phases of their academic and career journeys, and is an incredible professional development tool which we encourage them to utilize.
Liquid Compass is a nursing-specific tool, one of the largest and most accurate databases of nursing and related job openings, and provides useful healthcare career advice.
TYPEFOCUS7 CAREERS is an online career guidance tool that identifies career fields matched to your personality, interests, skills, and values. Discover the careers and majors that will give your life purpose and meaning.
What can I do with this major?
Learn about the typical career areas and the types of employers that hire people with each major, as well as strategies to make you a more marketable candidate. Continue your research on majors and careers through the websites provided.
- The Four Year Career Plan (PDF): The Four Year Career Plan is a guide, or road map, to help you define and document the steps necessary to achieve your goals. This is a flexible process that can started or updated at any time. Reach out to a career advisor for guidance and how to implement your own individual career plan.
- Cover letter checklist: Our checklist helps you identify the elements of a strong cover letter.
- Graduate school checklist: Follow our checklist for applying to graduate school.
- Internship checklist: What to consider when applying for an internship.
- Job search checklist: Your checklist for navigating a job or internship search.
- Interview checklist: Our checklist will help you prepare for your interview.
- Networking checklist: Follow our checklist to build your career network.
- Resume checklist: The fundamental elements of an effective resume.
- Cover letter guide: Learn how to create an engaging cover letter.
- Graduate school guide: Your guide to planning for and applying to graduate school.
- Internship guide: Your guide to internships and other experiential learning opportunities.
- Interview guide: Your guide to a successful interview.
- Job search guide: Your guide for a successful job or internship search.
- Networking guide: Tips, advice, and suggestions for successful networking.
- Resume guide: Guidelines for the content, format, and appearance of your resume.
- Complete the Experience Program Registration Form & Contract
- Instructions and requirements for the Experience Program
- Our sample contract will help you get started
- Learn more about the requirements for Semester in the City