Full-time and part-time day or evening programs
You deserve an outstanding Law School experience
UMass Law seeks students with varied backgrounds and experiences. During the admissions process, we evaluate applicants as individuals to assure that your abilities and potential are truly recognized. Since we believe that our future students are more than a set of numbers, we admit students based upon a thorough evaluation of all factors in your file.
Our part-time programs are flexible to meet the needs of adult, working professionals.
- Part-time evening program comprises two weeknights and Saturday mornings
- Evening cocurricular and extra-curricular activities
- Academic support services available on Saturdays
- Flexible pro bono and clinic placements
- Convenient Career Services and (Registrar) office hours
- Move between the full-time program and the part-time day or evening programs
We consider your:
- LSAT and undergraduate GPA
- undergraduate degree / undergraduate school
- graduate degree / graduate school
- grade trends
- unusual achievements / honors
- special circumstances / economic hardship
UMass Law has a mission to serve the broader community. For that reason, the Admissions Committee also considers:
Civic Engagement & Service
(community involvement, volunteer work, etc.)
We seek students who will contribute meaningfully to UMass and to their communities after graduation.
(ideological, political, ethnic, racial, sexual orientation, nationality, socio-economic)
We are looking for individuals who will bring unique perspectives to UMass to enrich the learning and social environment.
(substantial work history; attainment of specialized skill/athletic prowess; military service; etc.)
We are looking for students with the demonstrated capacity to see something through and to persevere through adversity.
(judgment, problem-solving, innovation, initiative, maturity)
We are looking for students who possess aptitude for enhancing their own professional development.