To earn your Juris Doctor (JD) degree, you must:
- Complete 90 course credits
- Successfully complete all curricular requirements
- Satisfy all probationary requirements
- Fulfill all financial obligations to the university
UMass Law offers three programs leading to the Juris Doctor degree, as well as joint degree programs: 3+3 baccalaureate/JD, JD/MBA, JD/Public Policy, JD/Master of Social Work.
Evening/weekend program: takes about 4½ years to complete. Designed for students who cannot attend a traditional program; offered in the evening, Monday through Thursday, and during the day, on Saturday.
Summer sessions: accelerate your studies
You may accelerate your course of studies by taking courses during the summer sessions. By taking advantage of these sessions every summer, full-time students can complete their studies in 2½ years, and part-time students in 4 years.
UMass Law offers:
- 3+3 Fast Track programs: baccalaureate/JD
- JD/Master of Business Administration
- JD/Master of Public Policy
- JD/Master of Social Work
Study international and comparative law through our exchange program with the University of Limerick School of Law.