Tuition & fees 2017-2018
Tuition and mandatory fees:
Full-time: 12 or more credits
- In-state - $27,291 ($13,645.50/semester)
- Out-of-state - $35,688 ($17,844/semester)
- Regional/proximity (RI or VT residency) - $29,511 ($14,755.50/semester)
Part-time: 9 credits
- In-state - $20,537.06 ($10,268.53/semester)
- Out-of-state - $26,834.90 ($13,417.45/semester)
- Regional/proximity (RI or VT residency) - $22,202.06 ($11,101.03/semester)
Students who enroll in fewer than 12 credits are considered part-time. Part-time charges are calculated on a per-credit basis. The normal course load for part-time study is 8-10 credits.
All students are charged a one-time transcript fee of $100.
Cost of Attendance Budgets
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts requires all full-time and three-fourths-time matriculated students to have comprehensive health insurance. These students will be billed automatically for health insurance. Health insurance costs may be waived by students with comparable, existing coverage.
Financing your UMass Law education
UMass Law offers fellowships, scholarships, loan programs, and payments plans. Financial Aid staff are prepared to assist you in learning what is available and how to access needed funding for your studies.
UMass Law students with excess financial aid may apply for a book voucher up to $750 for textbook purchases at the UMassD Campus Store, online or on campus.
Book Voucher Information (PDF)