Tuition & Fees 2022-2023
Tuition and mandatory fees:
Full-time: 12 or more credits
- In-state - $30,450.00 ($15,225.00/semester)
- Out-of-state - $39,550.00 ($19,775.00/semester)
- Regional/proximity (RI or VT residency) - $32,450.00 ($16,225.00/semester)
Part-time: 9 credits
- In-state - $22,906.04 ($11,453.02/semester)
- Out-of-state - $29,731.10 ($14,865.55/semester)
- Regional/proximity (RI or VT residency) - $24,406.16 ($12,203.08/semester)
Students who enroll in fewer than 12 credits are considered part-time. Part-time charges are calculated on a per-credit basis. The normal course load for part-time study is 8-10 credits.
All students are charged a one-time transcript fee of $100.
Additional one-time fees
- Graduation fee: The Graduation fee helps to offset costs attributed to student services applicable to law students. This is a one-time fee assessed to all law students upon completion of 60 credits.
- Alumni fee: This fee provides law graduates with a one-year membership in the alumni association. Any graduate not wishing to participate in the association must complete the online waiver process in COIN using the waivable link fee on the Student Center page.
Technology fee for online and blended courses: Graduate-Law (per course): $150
International Student fee: This fee, paid each semester, supports the infrastructure required to maintain university compliance requirements for the admission, enrollment, and retention of international students.
Cost of Attendance Budgets
Student health insurance
Important Update for Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 Health Insurance
The insurance policy runs from August 1 through July 31. The annual premium is $3,076.
Effective fall 2022, students will be billed separately for health insurance premiums per term
The fall health insurance premium of $1,305 covers the fall term August - December
The spring health insurance premium of $1,771 covers the spring term January - July
All students should either enroll in or waive the insurance by the due date indicated on the student invoice.
- All students who have not enrolled in or waived the University health insurance plan by the due date of the bill will have a registration hold placed on their accounts.
- Students with appropriate coverage, who do not waive coverage by the waiver date, will be charged for insurance.
If you have successfully completed the online waiver of the insurance, deduct the insurance charge from the total due if that charge appears on your invoice.
More information about health insurance
If you have any questions about the insurance coverage offered, contact Health Services: 508.999.8982.
Financing your UMass Law education
UMass Law offers fellowships, scholarships, loan programs, and payments plans. Financial Aid staff are prepared to assist you in learning what is available and how to access needed funding for your studies.
Learn more about Financial Aid
UMass Law students with excess financial aid may apply for a book voucher up to $750 for textbook purchases at the UMassD Campus Store, online or on campus.
Book Voucher Information 2022-2023
Bookstore voucher dates - Law School
Fall 2022 Semester
- First day to apply: Mon. Aug. 1
- Last day to apply: Thurs. Sept. 15
- Last day to use: Thurs. Sept. 22
Spring 2023 Semester
- First day to apply: Tues. Dec. 20
- Last day to apply: Thurs. Jan. 26
- Last day to use: Thurs. Feb. 2