Bookstore Voucher Advance
Students eligible for a bookstore voucher advance will receive email notifications with details. The email sent to you prior to the start of the fall and spring semester will provide the date through which the advancement will be valid. There will be no extensions.
Your estimated federal financial aid package must exceed your financial obligation to the University for the current semester in order to qualify for the bookstore voucher program. The bookstore voucher is an available line of credit at the UMassD Campus Store to be used for textbooks and course related supplies (cannot be used for gift cards). If you qualify for a bookstore voucher, you will receive an email in your University student email account. Bookstore vouchers may vary in range from $50 and $600.
Using a bookstore voucher does not change the total of your financial aid awards. It is not an additional award. A bookstore voucher is simply a way to access your financial aid for bookstore purchases. At the end of the bookstore voucher window, the bookstore advance shown on your student account will be adjusted to reflect the actual amount used if you did not use the entire amount.
Students are awarded financial aid based on anticipated enrollment in full-time coursework. The following may reduce or eliminate your anticipated excess financial aid:
- Less than full-time enrollment
- Enrollment in online courses, offered a reduced rate
- Changes to your financial aid eligibility, including declined student loans
- Additional charges on your student account
- Withdrawal from the University
If your financial aid/loans are reduced for any reason, you must personally accept full responsibility for all charges made to the bookstore. Failure to repay the University in full may result in the withholding of University services and/or ability to register for the upcoming semester. Outstanding obligations will be referred to a collection agency and the student assumes liability for all associated collection fees and costs.
- Students living in Balsam & Spruce who plan to use a financial aid refund/excess funds to assist with housing costs: using the bookstore advance credit will reduce and/or eliminate your excess funds. We suggest that students living in Balsam & Spruce check in with the University Enrollment Center to discuss the impact of using a bookstore advance.
- If loans are part of your financial aid package and you will be declining the loans, please contact the University Enrollment Center to verify that you still qualify for a bookstore advance.
- Students who withdraw within the first four weeks of classes may be able to return books if the books are returned in the same condition as purchased. Please email Jann Stahl for assistance.