A tuition credit (formerly a tuition waiver) is an award that will lessen the amount of your tuition and fees. While you may receive or be eligible for multiple tuition credits from a variety of sources, you will only be able to use one credit.
The Massachusetts Department of Higher Education Office of Student Financial Assistance (OSFA) administers a variety of tuition credits. For a list of tuition credits made available by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts visit the OSFA website.
Categorical tuition credits
Tuition Credits provide up to $708.50 toward tuition per semester for Massachusetts residents taking undergraduate courses and up to $1,035.50 for those taking graduate level courses (if applicable). More information: Office of Student Financial Assistance (OSFA)
- Native Americans
- Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission
- Massachusetts Commission of the Blind
- Senior Citizen: Application for Tuition Credit for Registrants Age 60 and Over (PDF)
- Army Forces/Welcome Home: Massachusetts Department of Veterans' Services
State of Massachusetts Employees: Contact your Human Resource Department for information about your eligibility for a tuition credit. Waiver forms for state employees are not accepted retroactively. The form must be submitted before the end of the semester in which the student is enrolled. It is the employee’s responsibility to submit forms allowing sufficient time for processing.
UMass Dartmouth Employees & Dependents: The form may be found on myUMassD Portal
UMass Employees & Dependents: Contact your Human Resource Department for information about your eligibility for a tuition credit.
Waiver forms for UMass employees will be processed provided they are received within the same calendar year as the classes taken. Adjustments for prior calendar years are not accepted.
* Effective Spring 2022, employee waiver forms must be received in Human Resources by the final course add/drop date. Employees who submit their form late will be responsible for any late fees assessed by the Bursar.