Skip to main content.

Residents of Massachusetts 18 years and older may obtain a Special Borrower's card with proper identification, such as a driver's license or other form of photo ID. If neither is available, two forms of identification are required, such as a public library card or some other form of identification, such as a copy of a bill with their name and address on it. 

All Special Borrowers must be individuals, not organizations or groups. High school students in grades 9-12 may also obtain a Special Borrowers' card with proper identification as listed above. However, in order to borrow materials, they need to return a completed application with a parent's or guardian's signature and the understanding that he/she is responsible for overdues, fines, lost materials, etc.

All library patrons, no matter what their status, must not have any overdue library materials/equipment in order to have borrowing privileges.

Alumni and attorneys can access Westlaw at a stand-alone terminal on the main floor of the library. Library staff are available to answer any questions regarding access to Westlaw or any other library resources.