The University of Massachusetts Dartmouth welcomes international students for both undergraduate and graduate degree programs. We are home to students from 56 countries around the world.
International students who are accepted into a master's or doctoral program are eligible to be issued an I-20. Certificate programs are not eligible for an I-20.
Graduate admissions procedures
Applications for admission are reviewed by the relevant graduate program. All graduate programs require:
- Completed application (online or paper)
- Non-refundable application fee of $60
All graduate programs require the following items be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your resume
- Statement of purpose (minimum of 300 words)
- Required recommendations (must originate from the recommender)
- Copy of your passport
- Permanent home address in country of citizenship
- Applicants whose native language is not English must demonstrate that they are proficient in English; most do this by taking the TOEFL. UMass Dartmouth must receive official scores from the College Entrance Examination Board. UMass Dartmouth’s code is 3786.
Deadlines & test requirements
There are different application deadlines for various graduation programs. Entry test requirements vary as well.
International student services
The staff at the International Student & Scholar Center support and guide our international students as they transition to life at UMassD and throughout their educational experience.
- General advice and assistance with campus life and personal needs
- Support for visas and other immigration forms as well as required documentation for international students and scholars while in the United States
- Workshops on employment and other subjects of interest
- Cultural events co-sponsored with other campus organizations
Admissions & visa questions
Questions about curriculum or graduate assistantships should be directed to the Graduate Program Director for your program of interest.
Transferring to the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
International graduate students wishing to transfer to the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth from another institution in the United States should have the Transfer Status Verification Form filled out by their present International Student Advisor and sent by that other institution to the UMass Dartmouth Graduate Office.