Student Support Services & Opportunities
VML Hub provides students with an assortment image and media-based services at the College of Visual and Performing Arts (CVPA), Room 257. These services include image & media-based research, high-quality authentic resources, citation assistance, aid with technology-based projects, and digital equipment and tools to pursue their creative endeavors.
VML Hub offers job and internship opportunities.
Image & Media
Research, Resources, and Citation Help
As emerging artists and designers, CVPA students are expected to adhere to professional research, verification, and citation standards for visual and media resources. Towards these goals, the VML Hub staff is here to assist students with these skills.
How do I research images and media?
VML staff assists students with image and media research and acquisition. We provide daily hands-on assistance at VML Hub. Appointments are not needed. We also respond to inquiries via email or the phone, 508-999-8701.
How do I find credible and authentic images and media?
- LUNA is a digital repository that provides 24/7 access to image and media resources for CVPA and University community.
- Visual & Media Literacy Guide provides access to additional resources and citations guidelines.
- Museums, Libraries, and Archive Collection Links.
How do I cite images & media?
Equipment & Technology
The VML Hub provides access to equipment and technology in support of student exploration and learning in the multidisciplinary arts.
- Apple and PC workstations
- Scanners, Cintiqs, Wacom tablets, and iPads with iPencils
- Presentation Equipment
Photographic and Video Capture Equipment
- Professional camera and computer tether copystand for 2D and 3D object capture
- Stopmotion Light Table
- 3D photo capture for small scale objects
- Video and audio capture and transfer stations
Meet, Study & Work
The VML Hub provides students a quiet and collaborative space for students to work, create, and make.
A Place to Meet, Collaborate, and Study
- Quiet space to study or work
- Informal collaborative space for groups of CVPA students
- Meeting space for students to work, discuss and create
A Place to Work
- Large work surfaces
- Mat Cutter (oversize)
- Vinyl Cutter
- IA+Design Printers
- PDF stations
- Document Printing (limited to CVPA students)
Assignment & Software Help
VML Hub mission is to aid students with arts-related assignments that require image and media-based technologies.
Struggling or seeking assistance with an assignment
- Help students bring an idea from concept to completion
- Help students select appropriate equipment to achieve their goals
- Assist with the operation of equipment and technology
- Provide one-on-one training with the LUNA database system
- Assist with software applications
Software Applications Available (selected)
- Adobe Suite
- IA+D Software
- 3D software
- VR/AR software
- Cintiq & tablet applications
- Microsoft Office