Violette Research 116
|2002||Scripps Institution of Oceanography, University of California San Diego||PhD Marine Biology|
|2000||Scripps Institution of Oceanography, University of California San Diego||MS Marine Biology|
|1995||Universidad Autonoma de Baja California||BS Biological Oceanography|
- Animal Diversity
- Animal Physiology
- Biology of Sharks
- Environmental Physiology of Marine Organisms
- Muscle performance studies in fish
- Stress response in captured fish
- Pelagic fish cardiac performance
- Thermal ecology of fish
- Movement patterns of fish
- $ 199,995 awarded by National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration for Post-Release Mortality in Recreationally-Caught Shortfin Mako Sharks: Understanding the Effects of Capture, Handling Techniques, and Retained Gear
- Fish biology
- Comparative physiology of fishes
- Comparison of the morphological, physiological, and biochemical specializations of high-performance fishes
- Fish response to angling-induced stress
- Disruption to homeostasis in fish
- Eddy, C., Pitt, J., Oliveira, K., Morris, J.A., Potts, J. and Bernal, D. (2019).
The Life History Characteristics of Invasive Lionfish (Pterois volitans and P. miles) in Bermuda
Environmental Biology of Fishes
- Queiroz, N., et al (2019).
Global spatial risk assessment of sharks under the footprint of fisheries
- Shadwick, R.E., Bernal, D., Bushnell, P.G. and Steffensen, J.F. (2018).
Blood pressure in the Greenland Shark as estimated from ventral aortic elasticity
J. Exp. Biol., 221, 186957.
Latest from Diego
- April 25, 2022 Kayle Williams '22: A biology major's dream