Violette Research 116
|2002||Scripps Institution of Oceanography, University of California San Diego||PhD Marine Biology|
|2000||Scripps Institution of Oceanography, University of California San Diego||MS Marine Biology|
|1995||Universidad Autonoma de Baja California||BS Biological Oceanography|
- Animal Diversity
- Animal Physiology
- Biology of Sharks
- Environmental Physiology of Marine Organisms
Students with senior standing (or others with consent of the instructor) report on and discuss current biological problems as presented in principle journals, abstracts and reviews. The work of each seminar is usually built upon a single unifying content area.
- Muscle performance studies in fish
- Stress response in captured fish
- Pelagic fish cardiac performance
- Thermal ecology of fish
- Movement patterns of fish
- $199,995.00 Post-Release Mortality in Recreationally-Caught Shortfin Mako Sharks: Understanding the Effects of Capture, Handling Techniques, and Retained Gear
- Fish biology
- Comparative physiology of fishes
- Comparison of the morphological, physiological, and biochemical specializations of high-performance fishes
- Fish response to angling-induced stress
- Disruption to homeostasis in fish
- Eddy, C., Pitt, J., Oliveira, K., Morris, J.A., Potts, J. and Bernal, D. (2019).
The Life History Characteristics of Invasive Lionfish (Pterois volitans and P. miles) in Bermuda
Environmental Biology of Fishes
- Queiroz, N., et al (2019).
Global spatial risk assessment of sharks under the footprint of fisheries
- Shadwick, R.E., Bernal, D., Bushnell, P.G. and Steffensen, J.F. (2018).
Blood pressure in the Greenland Shark as estimated from ventral aortic elasticity
J. Exp. Biol., 221, 186957.