Elisabeth Buck, PhD
Associate Professor / Director, Writing & Multiliteracy Center
English & Communication
Liberal Arts 344
|2016||Ball State University||PhD|
|2012||University of Nevada, Reno||MA|
|2010||Loyola Marymount University||BA|
- Writing/Multiliteracy Center Theory and Practice
- Public Relations/Professional Writing
- Digital and Social Media
- First-Year English
- Community Engaged Writing
- Writing Center/Writing Program Administration
- Digital Literacies
- Writing for Social Justice
- Rhetoric(s) of Popular Culture
See curriculum vitae for more publications
- Buck, Elisabeth H. (2019).
“From CRLA to For-Credit Course: The New Director’s Guide to Assessing Tutor Education.”
WLN: A Journal of Writing Center Scholarship
- Buck, Elisabeth H. (2017).
Open-Access, Multimodality, and Writing Center Studies (monograph)
- Elisabeth H. Buck (2015).
"Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter—Oh My!: Assessing the Efficacy of the Rhetorical Composing Situation with FYC Students as Advanced Social Media Practitioners."
Kairos: A Journal of Rhetoric, Technology, and Pedagogy, 19.3
Dr. Buck received her PhD in Rhetoric and Writing from Ball State University. She is the author of Open-Access, Multimodality, and Writing Center Studies, a work nominated for the 2018 International Writing Center Association's Outstanding Book Award. Her research has also recently been published in The Peer Review, Praxis: A Writing Center Journal, and Kairos: A Journal of Rhetoric, Technology, and Pedagogy. Dr. Buck sees both her scholarly and pedagogical interests manifest in her role as Founding Director of the Writing & Multiliteracy Center, a tutoring center that helps all UMassD students grow as independent and confident communicators—on the written page and across a variety of current and emerging platforms and technologies.
Latest from Elisabeth
- May 15, 2022 Busola Awobode '22: Seizing opportunities
- April 9, 2018 English Professor Elisabeth Buck publishes her first book