Science & Engineering 320D
|1998||James Cook University||Ph.D in Biology|
- Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy
- Evolutionary Developmental Biology
- Ecological Developmental Biology
- Cological and evolutionary questions
- Organ-systems with repeated elements
- Observing evolutionary and developmental processes in nature
- Developmental bias in the variational properties of phalanges (finger and toe bones) in birds and other vertebrates, with the chick as an experimental model
- Microevolutionary trade-offs in axial skeletal and muscle growth and development in populations of fishes along latitudinal or temperature gradients
Shoval, O., H. Sheftel, G. Shinar, Y. Hart, O. Ramote, A. Mayo, E. Dekel, K. Kavanagh, U. Alon (2012).
Evolutionary Trade-Offs, Pareto Optimality, and the Geometry of Phenotype Space
Science, 336, 1157-1160.
Kavanagh, K.D., A.R. Evans, and J. Jernvall (2007).
Predicting evolutionary patterns of mammalian teeth from development
Nature, 449, 427-432.
Murphy, B.F., J.M. Leis, and K.D. Kavanagh (2007).
Larval development of Pomacentrus amboinensis (Perciformes: Pomacentridae), the Ambon damselfish
Journal of Fish Biology, 71, 569-584.