File your FAFSA
File your FAFSA, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
Financial aid awards for fall 2024
We understand how important this information is to help inform your college enrollment decision. Based on the information we currently have from the U.S. Department of Education, we are planning to begin delivering financial aid packages by March or April 2024.
The Financial Aid Office has funding options available for students wishing to use financial aid to cover the purchase of a laptop. Federal regulations allow financial aid administrators to add to the cost of attendance a reasonable allowance for the purchase or lease of a personal computer.
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth's policy is as follows:
- Students must meet all Federal and institutional financial aid eligibility requirements including matriculation into a degree program, enrollment at least half time, and filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- A reasonable maximum allowance of $2,500 has been established for the purchase or lease of a personal computer, printer, and associated hardware and software.
- Students wishing to purchase or lease a personal computer should indicate their request in writing to the Financial Aid Office, including purchase documentation available (invoice, vendor cost estimate).
- Student eligibility is limited to loan funding only. If eligible, a student may be considered for Federal Direct Stafford Loan (subsidized or unsubsidized depending on eligibility). If no remaining eligibility exists, the student may be considered for alternative loans. Students whose costs are in excess of $2,500 are encouraged to investigate bank loans, personal loans, or other funding to finance remaining cost in excess of the $2,500 allowance.
- A student may receive only one computer purchase/ lease allowance during their entire career at UMass Dartmouth.
- Students who receive a revised financial aid award will receive a new award letter.