File your FAFSA
File your FAFSA, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
Financial aid awards for fall 2024
This year (2024-2025 academic year) it will be easier for families to complete the FAFSA with the streamlined FAFSA application. The new FAFSA form is now available. UMassD anticipates sending award letters in late spring.
Attention International Students
If you have questions about employment as an international student, such as searching for jobs or getting help with the hiring process, you can meet with our international student employment ambassador on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1pm to 4pm. No appointment needed!
- Use CORSAIR Jobs to search for and apply to jobs. Corsair Jobs is located on the Quick Launch drop down menu, in the list of links where you would also find COIN and your student email.
- After receiving a job offer, ask your supervisor or hiring contact to complete the F-1 job offer form for you, and then bring it to UMassD's International Student Service Center (ISSC). It is important when applying for your Social Security card that the name you use to apply matches exactly the name on your I-20 or DS-2019 and your name in COIN. If you already have a social security card, you may skip this step.
- Once your hiring has been approved to begin the hiring process, you will receive an alert from CORSAIR Jobs to complete the I-9 form and bring it in person to the Student Employment Office. The rest of the hiring process will be completed online after we receive the I-9 form.
- DO NOT begin working until ALL STEPS of the hiring process are completed. Please email us with any concerns or issues regarding this matter.
- On-campus employment is always allowed with F-1 visa status without special permission.
- Off-campus employment always requires special permission from the International Student Center.
Both on-campus and off-campus employment require written permission from the agency that issued your DS-2019 form.
After we have approved your job placement to begin the hiring process, there are additional steps to complete in order to continue processing your hire. As of September 2023, the university uses SPRINTAX, a web-based system for nonresident alien tax compliance that determines tax treaty benefits and generates tax-withholding documents.
- A link will be sent to your UMass Dartmouth email where you will create a username and password, then answer a series of questions after which tax documents will be generated. The tax forms can be electronically signed, and your personal documents will be uploaded to the document exchange on SPRINTAX.
- SPRINTAX needs to be updated each calendar year.
- If you receive an extension on your form I-20 or DS-2019, SPRINTAX needs to be updated. The new form must be uploaded to SPRINTAX via the document exchange, and the newly generated tax forms must be signed. You are not allowed to work beyond your I-20 or DS-2019 expiration date.
- Be sure to keep SPRINTAX, COIN, and HR Direct contact information current. The address in SPRINTAX and COIN is what will appear on your tax documents.
- SPRINTAX can be used with a university-offered companion software to file a U.S. Income Tax Return.