English & Communication
Liberal Arts 320
- Oral Traditions & Spoken-word
- Digital Media Production (Audio and Video)
- Fiction Writing
- Folklore of First Nations (Native American) and the African Diaspora
The study of contemporary techniques in the writing of poetry. Manuscripts are read and discussed in class and during individual conferences. Workshop format.
Exploration of the forms of fiction and how a writer's creative choices with regard to form determine characterization, dialogue, plot, and narration. Assignments will include writing various creative pieces. Forms include, but are not limited to, the paragraph, the short story, the novella, and the novel.
A comprehensive experience in the art and craft of dramatic writing. Students will engage in creating and developing an original one-act play, with an emphasis on scene and character development. Students will work toward preparing a public reading of the play.
- Songwriting and Performance
- Sound Recording Production
- Playwriting & Theater Production
- Grant Writing
- Arts & Civic Engagement
- Songwriting traditions of storytellers
- Spoken-word Performance (storytelling, poetry, oral history)
- Film/ Video Production
- Sound Design and Audio Production
- Theater Arts Production (Playwriting, Directing, Acting, Stage Craft, Dramaturgy)
- Morgan James Peters (2017).
Ask Yo' Mama
- Morgan James Peters (2016).
Among Brothers (Stage Play)
- Morgan James Peters (2014).
Awakened By A Noon Day Sun (Sound Recording)