Science & Engineering 330B
|1996||University of Helsinki Finland||M.S. in Biology|
|2002||University of North Carolina Chapel Hill||Ph.D in Biology|
- Marine Microbiology
- General Microbiology Laboratory
- Biology of Cells Laboratory
- Marine microbial ecology
- Diversity, distributions, and activity of marine microbes contributing to nitrogen fixation
- Microbially mediated transformations of nitrogen
- Ecology of toxin-producing cyanobacteria
- Cyanobacterial blooms
- EAGER: Collaborative Research: Detection limit in oceanic nitrogen fixation measurements - Constraints of rates from the mesopelagic ocean. NSF-Chemical Oceanography. 2017-2018.
- Microbial associations in zooplankton: significance for the marine nitrogen cycle. NSF-Biological Oceanography. Sep 15 2011 - August 31 2016
- Boston Engineering Corporation (Naval Sea Systems). Influence of UV light on marine biofilms. 2016-2019
Moisander PH, Benavides M, Berman-Frank I, Bonnet S, White A, Riemann L. (2017).
Chasing after non-cyanobacterial nitrogen fixation in marine pelagic environments
Frontiers in Microbiology, 8
Shoemaker KM, Moisander PH (2017).
Seasonal variation in the copepod gut microbiome in the subtropical North Atlantic Ocean
Environmental Microbiology, 19, 3087-3097.
Moisander PH, Sexton AD, Daley MC. (2015).
Stable associations masked by temporal variability in the marine copepod microbiome
PLoS ONE, 10, 733-744.