Liberal Arts 330
Selected topics in Black Studies. May be repeated with change of content/topic.
This course will deal with a variety of topics from Russian, European, and American history. One specific topic, e.g. the Russian Revolution, will be taught in any semester.
Seminars will be offered variously in topics in non-European World History. The writing of a substantial paper will be required. Content will vary with instructor; may be repeated with change of content. Cross-listed for AAS, JST, and WMS when the content is appropriate.
- Early Modern Europe, the Atlantic World, the Portuguese and their Empire
- Maritime History and European Global Colonial Expansion
- The Adoption of Colonial Indigenous Medicines by Europeans
- Climate Data Derived from Colonial-Era Archival documentation
- Slave Trading in the Atlantic and Indian Oceans