The Bioengineering (BNG) minor program is intended for students in other majors who have an interest in bioengineering. Students in the BNG minor program will have a unique opportunity to obtain multidisciplinary life sciences and engineering background along with a core foundation in biological science and engineering principles. Upon completion of the minor, the student will have the knowledge to work in the biomedical device industry or other fields involving interactions of biology and engineering.
The completion of the BNG minor requires 18 total credits consisting of 6 credits of required core courses, 6 credits of elective core courses, and 6 credits of technical elective courses. We have incorporated flexibility in the elective courses (core and technical elective) for 12 credits to allow students to take courses within their areas of interest. Here are the required BNG Minor Courses and the BNG Minor Tracking Sheet.
Completion of the minor: minimum cumulative GPA 2.0 of the BNG minor.
- A minimum grade in each course leading to the BNG minor: C-
- Students shall work with their faculty advisors on the suitability of the technical elective courses they choose.
- While not required, students should consider completing Chemistry, if interested in topics such as Biomaterials.
Admission requirement: Students who have earned at least 24 credits, with a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.000 and with at least a 2.500 GPA in their major, may request admission to a minor in Bioengineering.
To apply for admission to the BNG minor:
- complete the Undergraduate Major-Minor-Concentration Change Form, available at the Registrar's Student Forms page
- obtain all required signatures
- return the form to the Registrar’s Office by the Add/Drop deadline