The application and interview process differs among student jobs. Some supervisors may request that you send a resume and/or cover letter prior to the interview, or they may inform you that you will need to complete an employment application when you arrive for the interview.
Student job interviews are often informal. However, for your interview, you should:
- dress appropriately
- conduct yourself in a professional manner
- provide accurate information regarding your skills
By the end of the interview, you should know:
- responsibilities of the job
- pay rate
- type and length of training required to perform the job
- the work schedule for the semester
- the start date and length of employment
You should always feel free to ask questions if you would like more information on any aspects of the job.
The Student Employment Office is available to help you throughout your job search and interview process.