FAFSA, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, is the only application required to apply for need-based financial aid at UMass Dartmouth.
Before applying, request a Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID) and password for you and a parent/guardian.
Avoid delays and ensure accuracy by utilizing the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to report your tax information.
UMass Dartmouth's Federal School Code: 002210
March 1 is UMass Dartmouth’s priority deadline for FAFSA filing. FAFSA materials received by this date allow maximum consideration for need-based aid: grants, loans, and student employment.
In order to be considered for financial aid, you must meet eligibility requirements.
- Be aware of deadlines. Do not wait to be accepted for admission. Complete the FAFSA as soon after October 1 as possible. Priority consideration deadline is March 1.
- Keep a file for your records of all financial aid materials. Keep copies of all documents including the FAFSA.
- Respond promptly to all requests for information. If additional documentation is required, your application file cannot be completed until we have received and reviewed requested documents.
- Be sure your name and student ID are on all correspondence.
- Notify Financial Aid Services in writing of all outside scholarships, awards, additional resources, or unique family circumstances.