Political Science Minor
Political Science Minor Requirements
The Political Science (PSC) minor consists of 18 total credits in PSC. Six credits are earned in Foundation Courses and 12 credits are earned in Specialized Courses.
Students must achieve at least a 2.0 grade point average in all Political Science courses and an overall 2.0 cumulative grade point average.
Political Science Minor forms
- PSC minor tracking form
- The major change/declaration and student leave of absence/withdrawal forms are available under student forms
Foundation Courses - 6 credits (2 courses)
Two 100-level courses from this list:
- PSC 101 Introduction to American Politics
- PSC 151 Introduction to Comparative Politics
- PSC 161 Introduction to International Relations
- PSC 171 Introduction to Political Theory
Specialized Courses - 12 credits (4 courses)
Five courses above the PSC 100 level in at least 2 of the 4 subfield areas: American/Policy; Comparative Politics; International Relations; Political Theory.
Note: A maximum of 1 of these 4 courses can be completed at PSC 200-level; a minimum of 1 of these 4 courses must be completed at the PSC 400-level.
A list of eligible specialized courses can be found on the PSC minor tracking form.