Please visit our calendar for students to make academic advising appointments with Rekha Rosha
Diversity in the nursing field is essential because it provides opportunities to administer quality care to patients. If nurses understand their patient's culture, environment, food, customs, religious views, etc., they can provide them with ultimate care.
The goal of the Diversity Nursing Scholars Initiatives Program is to increase the academic success, retention, and educational attainment of diverse students enrolled in the baccalaureate nursing program.
Funded by a federal Nursing Workforce Diversity grant, this program focuses on increasing the pipeline of nurses entering the healthcare workforce and ensuring these nurses more closely reflect the diversity of the populations they serve.
Diversity Initiatives and Resources
Values in Nursing
- Excellence in teaching/scholarship
- Diversity in people/ideas
- Compassion and caring
- Undergraduate Curriculum Handbook
Service to Others
- Answering the call
- CNHS Nurse Hero
- UMass Dartmouth Nursing Mission to Haiti
- COVID vaccination volunteer opportunities in MA
- Southcoast Serves
- American Red Cross Digital Volunteer
- Vaccination efforts
Working on Diverse Teams
- Diverse nurses for diverse communities
- Study in the Azores—Bridging the Atlantic Program Gains National Attention