Mission & Strategic Goals
The College of Engineering strives to serve the needs of the region and the nation by creating and disseminating knowledge through research and teaching and preparing students to excel in their chosen profession and to be contributing citizens in a diverse, changing world.
The vision of the College of Engineering is to be recognized globally for excellence in engineering/science education and research and for innovative and interdisciplinary solutions for societal needs.
The College of Engineering is committed to the following core values: integrity, excellence, innovation, respect, responsibility, collaboration, and inclusiveness.
Developed to align with UMass Dartmouth's Transform2020 strategic plan, the College of Engineering's strategic plan includes the following goals:
- Enhance and enrich educational opportunities and ensure a focus on the student
- Recruit, retain, and enable a diverse community of exceptional faculty, students, and staff
- Increase research enterprise and impact
- Develop strategic partnerships and interdisciplinary collaborations
- Develop a sustainable infrastructure
- Increase visibility, outreach, and community engagement
- Devise a business model to manage and increase resources/funding and efficiency
- Establish a culture of innovation and change