Corsair Idea Challenge
The 2022 Corsair Idea Challenge has concluded. See the results. The application for the 2023 Corsair Idea Challenge will be posted in the fall of 2023. Please check back on this page for more information.
Have an idea for a new product or service?
Show us what you’ve got! Started by the Student Run Business Association in 2014, the Corsair Idea Challenge promotes innovative ideas from across campus, and is open to all UMassD students. Your idea can be for a new product, service, or experience. Whatever it is, we want to hear about it!
The top three winners receive:
First place: $500
Second place: $300
Third place: $200
Finalists also receive a free 6-month membership to the Co-Creative Center in downtown New Bedford.
Here’s how you apply:
Create a 2-minute video pitch describing your idea. This can be similar to an Instagram Reel or TikTok video. Record your pitch and upload it using the registration link above.
Here’s what we want you to showcase:
- What is your idea? Is it a product, service or experience?
- How is it unique?
- Who is your customer and how do you reach them?
- Tell us about you: How does your background support the idea?
- What are the alternatives, and how is your idea better?
- How much does it cost to make? How much would you sell it for?
For more questions, please reach out to email@example.com.