The graduate programs in Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth have the following objectives:
- To provide students in-depth understanding and expertise in specific areas of specialization in electrical engineering and computer engineering.
- To train students to do scientific research in specific areas of interest.
- To train students how to communicate their research findings as technical papers, conference and seminar presentations.
- To provide students the opportunity to show mastery in a specific research project or research area of interest by writing and defending a thesis/project report or by passing a comprehensive exam.
- To graduate students who can be successful technical contributors to industry and productive faculty members in electrical and computer engineering departments.