The Mechanical Engineering (MNE) Department offers:
- excellent undergraduate and graduate courses of study
- tenured and tenure-track faculty who teach all courses
- faculty who pursue cutting-edge research
- research opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students
- up-to-date labs and facilities
- undergraduate program accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET
Students have the advantage of:
- small lab courses, so each student has hands-on experiences
- experiential professional opportunities
- internships, co-op, and year-long senior design projects
- the opportunity to earn a 5-year BS/MS
Students may join the Institute of American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), the Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME), and the Society of Women Engineers (SWE).
The Mechanical Engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.
Celebrating the achievements of our students:
The Mechanical Engineering Department at UMass Dartmouth offers two degrees: a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering and a Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering. The department also participates in the Ph.D. degree in Engineering and Applied Science (EAS). The program provides service to meet the needs of students, industry, government, and society. The program offers excellence, access, and value through a strong commitment to teaching, scholarship, outreach, and professionalism.